Saturday, March 21, 2009

~ A Lost Generation~

Before you continue reading this post I ask you to watch this video first (unless of course you have already seen it). Please watch the whole thing and dont stop half way.





So now that you have seen this video, I hope that this video will have disturbed you in some way and that I will not have wasted my time in writing this post. Even I refuse to believe that we are a lost generation and that the carnage caused by our fathers and forefathers is to great for us to fix.

Pollution!!!



War!!!




Poverty!!!




Three great sins that have been placed at the back of the shelf and who's files have been marked 'UNIMPORTANT' by the leaders of our world. These leaders even avoid the facts at times in favour of financial gain. All they do is avoid questioning by reporters with two simple words ' No Comment'. So it falls to us to address these problems as our own, although alone we are small but remember we belong to a family 5 billion strong and together anything is achievable. Now I may not have an answer to War and Poverty but I have a suggestion for pollution.

WWF Australia launched a campaign in 2007 to give the people a chance to show that they care for our world. On the 28th of March 2007, 2.2 million homes and businesses in Sydney turned off their lights to vote Earth. This event was called Earth Hour and now in 2009, 1858 cities in 81 countries have committed themselves to vote Earth and WWF has created a goal of 1,000,000,000 people to turn off their lights on the 28th of March from 8.30-9.30 pm, and I will tell you now that I will be one of that 1 billion. Some of you might say "Why Should I? What Are They Going To Do?' well I will tell you. These votes will be presented to world leaders at the Global Climate Change Conference in Copenhagen 2009.

Now you might say that I was just 'banging' these leaders earlier in the post well, I will tell you that if enough people cast their votes by turning off thier lights then maybe, just maybe they will listen and try to make a change. Of course this should not be a one off thing we should continue this practice by turning off lights when not using them, and do other stuff like recycle and dispose of substances properly (for more info, check the net)

Earth Hour Is A Stand, Make The Stand,
Save The World!!!!



No comments: